Sunday 9 January 2011

winter

Back in Jakarta, I'd do anything to get the temperature lower. I mean, what to do with all my jackets? I have so many of them, although never to the extent that I wouldn't really need them. What I've bought, I would usually use thorougly until it's not usable anymore.

But it seems that all my jackets aren't sufficient to withstand the winter weather here. I mean, it's only 5 to 8 degrees (Celcius), but sometimes I'm just freezing to death. What can I say, I'm a real tropical boy.

My temporary room-mate, Kei, just left this morning. Wow, he's really loved. I thought I would be the only one saying goodbye to him at four in the morning. But it turned out that there were at least 7 people there: boys and girls, sending him off on his way. He's already in Miami by the time I'm blogging this entry. And it's 25 degrees there. How nice.

Well, there's Ansuya in Miami... Umm... No. She's in Naples. But it's in Florida too, how far can that be? (Yeah, right).

I should probably be blogging about the pros and cons of staying in a residence vs. host family. But I'm rather too cold right now to do anything. I don't even feel like washing the dishes. Just then I was making toast, and I warmed myself there.

Well, school will start tomorrow. I hope I'll be sleeping alone tonight so I will wake-up on time (most probably) and take the bus at 8 in the morning. I should be there at 9 AM to take yet another English test so they can determine our level. I hope it's not going to be the same test(s) that I took back in Jakarta. I almost took it 3 times. It kind of got me on my nervs.

I've so many things to ask, well mostly Mom told me to ask those things, but I do feel that it's necessary to know these things: opening bank account and getting US cellphone number.

This is my only post for today? Oh, well. We'll see if I could get up later in the evening (it's already evening) to fix dinner and go online again.

Oh, and it's not like I just hung around in the room. I did some cleaning, threw some things away. There're some things that Kei said didn't belong to him but to someone else before us (how creepy) so I gave them to the front desk. And then I did the long-overdue spending report.

FCBD is closed on Sunday and Monday. I hope I'll get news from them soon. I really can't wait to start the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment