Thursday 27 January 2011

this is what i came here for

The applications to University of San Francisco and St. Mary's College of California were sent.

Somehow, the check to St. Mary's got lost and I thought it was in the hostel. It turned out to be in one of my notebooks. So I ran all the way from the Hostel on Ellis & Larkin to Van Ness & Post. Google said that there was a FedEx on 333 O'Farrel. That turned out to be untrue. I have to thank a very nice gentleman in front of 333 O'Farrel for pointing me to the right direction.

I was told that FedEx's working hour ends at 5.30 PM, so that gave me ten minutes to run (I arrived at the Hostel at 5.15). Luckily, I arrived on time. The FedEx guy said that the mails would be picked up at 8.00 PM anyway, so that was really relieving.

Anyway, yeah. I've made it to this stage. This is why I came all the way to San Francisco. This is why I enrol in the EF University Preparation program. I gotta say, I've met very interesting teachers at EF. I have to expand this entry to include a little bit of Award thank-you's here. Well, to Ms. Pamela Astarte, obviously. Without her help, I wouldn't be able to get through all the tedious paperwork (and on-line work) required for all this shebang. To my recommenders, for taking their time to actually write the letters of recommendation. To my parents for being so responsive in dealing with the Bank Certifications, etc... And of course, to my boyfriend for being just adorable and supportive.

Okay, that's the music. That's my cue to go.

I think I'll treat myself to a Chinese (food) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment