Saturday 22 January 2011

down with sickness

I always get sick whenever I embark on long trips. When I was in Bournemoth, I was so feverish one night that I went from being extremely cold to extremely hot. And then there was the long-awaited London excursion and I almost got hit by one of those black taxis. The fact that everyone hated me (yes, including those from Indonesia) didn't help. I was alone the entire time.

The experience traumatized me a lot. Even my mom admits that I don't make friends easily, but when I do, I'll keep them close to my heart.

Right now, I'm trying hard not to get sick. My sleeping pattern has gone down the drain and so has my eating habit. I'm trying hard to eat on time but everytime I want to cook something (usually at 8 PM or 9 PM), the kitchen is always full. People seem to hang around there. In the storage room, even. I was trying to get some bananas the other night and there were two girls just chatting there in front of my storage cube. Blah.

And then there are those who just won't bother with cleaning up the frying pans and those who leave muck in the sink. Icky, greasy muck.

And don't get me started on the Frenchies.

I'm not the only one who complains about the French people. They're loud and all over the place. It's a funny thing, really, because when I was in France, it was always the Americans who were loud and obnoxious... And all over the place.

Are they having a citizen exchange or something? By God.

But then again, maybe I'm just xenophobic.

I just finished my Chinese pancake with egg dinner. I had that for lunch and it was too much so I kept it for dinner. Neat, huh? In about 15 minutes, I'll have my daily dose of Vitamin C and probably take a cold pill or something. I'm not feeling too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment