Friday 28 October 2011

cabin fever and other fun things

I was sneezing continuously during the Tannourine show and on the way home on the BART train. When I finally got home, I was too tired to do anything, so I just washed my face and didn't drink vitamin C. The next day, I was also sneezing a lot during class on on the train. Still, I didn't drink the vitamin C. The result? I couldn't get out of bed on Sunday and had to miss Dance Conditioning class. I was so sick that I had to miss the earlier class on Tuesday. I've been taking drugs like candies, but I'm feeling much better now.

There have been a few memorable conversations that I had this week, either with someone else or with my brain. And so, for the sake of not posting assignment-related entries, I give you the memorable conversations.

With a dance sister backstage at Tannourine:
She: I really enjoy your blog! How do you balance between dance and school?
Me: I forsake the cleanliness of my apartment (I said as a matter-of-factly)
She: Whoa. I'm very picky about my nest. I have to live in a clean environment.
Me: I really envy you (I really do)

The truth is, I purchased a vacuum cleaner from Amazon.com and it came almost a month ago and up to this day, I haven't taken it out of the box. Of course then I got sick. This morning, I felt energized that I finally did my laundry and cleaned my kitchen and put new sheets on, but I still haven't vacuumed my apartment.


With the same dance sister backstage at Tannourine:
She: Yuska, you know, I know how hard it is for you to take a compliment.
Me: (Nodding) I know... I'm working on it.
She: Well, let me tell you this: One of the signs of humbleness and humility is the ability to receive compliments gracefully. Just smile sincerely and say, "Thank you!"
Me: I will try.

After the show, I received compliments, including from her friends when I went to their table to say thanks for coming. My dance sister was sitting there and when she heard the compliments, she held my hand and said, "I told you so. And you're doing a great job in accepting them."



With my classmates during class. Someone passed pieces of cakes from his birthday from the weekend. Our table was the last one in the room, so all the pieces were on our table.
My friend: Have some.
Me: I'm scared.
My friend: Of gaining weight? Come on.
Me: No. I'm scared that if I start, I won't stop. And that's going to be an embarrassing mess.

True story. About the messy, addicted to cake thing, I mean. I love desserts.


With a senior at Orinda BART Station:
Me: I don't get it why some people drink whenever they want to write something.
Him: Well, what do you do?
Me: I usually eat cake.
Him: Whoa. I gotta try that one day.

I suppose eating cake does make the piece turn out to be happier.


With myself when I was having really bad runny nose and looking at myself in the mirror in campus toilet.
Me: Damn, my boogers look like dangling icicles. Hmm. That's a good line to use for my book.

Yep, sometimes I amaze myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment