Monday 11 April 2011

my love affair with spongebob squarepants

My fascination with Spongebob Squarepants had begun even before the show itself was famous. When I became infatuated with the show, I didn't even know that a "random joke" existed or that randomness could be invented into something so original, so funny, and so entertaining.

I have to say, I don't have a favorite character. I love every one of them and I just can't get over the fact that Gary the Snail MEOWS. I mean, that practically means Gary is a cat and I love cats. Then again, I may have to point out that I totally love Squidward (Tentacles) and (Sheldon J.) Plankton. They're both so... So real. I love Spongebob's enthusiasm and charm and sometimes nonsensical enthusiasm and charm, but Squidward and Plankton are totally awesome. I also think Squidward might be gay and that makes me love him more. Plankton is diabolical, and I have an affection towards evil doers such as Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Ursula (Little Mermaid), and Scar (Lion King).

And I also know that I happen to live in the USA (for the time being, obviously) and I keep finding really weird stuff. I was at the Walgreens and I made a quick and impulsive purchase on a Spongebob Squarepants Krabby Patty gummies. How cool is that? It was the only one in the rack left, so I quickly snatched it, smiling to myself proudly having acquired something Squarepantsy.

Now if only I could afford that Spongebob Squarepants Lava Lamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment