Tuesday 16 August 2011

el cheapo

Apparently, this apartment did not come with a steel contraption that is used to hold plates and pans and forks and whatnots to dry; and after a few days of being cheap creative, I finally decided to just purchase one and live free from fear of breaking the free IKEA plates and bowls by putting them on this:


Ingenious, I tells ya! That's not all, though. Usually there is a plate and a bowl on the empty space on the right. I can use the space between the metal bars to hold the plate up.

Now it's like this:


Not too shabby, eh?

Yesterday I went to SMC for the whole registration thing and I finally received my little schedule, and yes, it's... little. For this semester, I only have classes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Classes begin on 1 September and end on 15 December. After that, it's Christmas and New Year break. There is a January term, but I had prior commitments so I'll just return to the US in February... 2012. Yes, we're inching ever closer to the end of days.

Also, I was told that the SMC student card was good for a free bus ride... Except for graduate students. Upon hearing the sad news, El Cheapo in me died instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment